It is easy to forget that one of the best business tools at our disposal is the little gadget we keep in our pocket.
Our phones have become such an integral part of life that we often overlook their usefulness for work. Seamlessly moving from communicating to scheduling to creating on just one device is quite amazing. So much, that we can take advantage of it to benefit our business.
Here, we dive deeper into how to utilize your phone for your business.
1. Use the Right Apps
Whatever your business might be, whether you work in the restaurant industry or you run a venture capitalist firm, there are apps that can help you advance and organize your business. For example:
- Financial Apps & Mobile Banking. These applications help invest, budget and monitor savings. Consider looking into app referral codes to get the most bang for your buck!
- Calendar App. Using a calendar app is a sure-fire way to stay on top of meetings. Viewing your upcoming appointments from your phone will save you time and energy.
- Social Media Apps. Have these on hand to easily advertise your business and keep in touch with customers.
- Collaboration Apps. FaceTime, Messages, Slack, or Mail can be used to collaborate with your team easily.
- Presentation Apps. If you’re constantly on the move, apps like Keynote can be used to create and prepare presentations right from your mobile device.
It can also be helpful to sync your apps across your laptop and your phone so that you can access them from whichever device is closest. Remember, the more you utilize your time, the freer your evening will be to spend time with loved ones.
2. Stay in Touch With Your Team
Good communication is key to a thriving business, so phones once again become a crucial tool for success. They are useful for checking in with employees working from home and keeping communication lines open when you are on the go or are out of the office.
As a manager, your behavior will dictate the culture of the team. This means that if you arrive to work with a positive attitude, the likelihood is that your team will too. Responding to your team through Messages, FaceTime Mail, and Slack will mean you can make an impact on those around you, even when you are busy. Phone calls are particularly effective at helping people feel connected.
3. Create Videos and Take Pictures
You might think you need to invest in expensive equipment to create content for your business, but this is not the case. You can take photos, create videos from your phone, and easily upload them onto social media accounts or forward them to your team or clients. This is a great way to promote products and services. On some phones, you can now even visualize projects using augmented reality.
Having this tool always at your fingertips means that you can be productive and creative wherever you are, even in unplanned situations or if you are short on time.
Using Your Phone to Create Success
Your phone is just one of the many tools at your disposal as a business leader, but it is also one of the best. By providing access to hundreds of apps and creative features tailored to your company’s needs, phones can be utilized to better your business. With over three quarters of the world predicted to use just their smartphones to access the internet by 2025, phones are only going to become more integral to the way that we work in the future.